The Riverpoint Advent Christian Church is an account of the blessings of the Lord in response to vision, faith, and involvement on the part of its people through the years.
It all began when a small group of believers met together to hold Gospel meeting at the Odd Fellows Hall in a village called Arctic, in West Warwick, Rhode Island. This building became a temporary house of worship, although they planned on having a building of their own later. The year of incorporation was 1858 under the name Riverpoint and Arctic Second Advent Church Society. The reality of a land purchase and the building of a house of worship began in March 1860. Church history records, "The workers cam together in pure harmony and built a House of Worship."
The meetings along with the people started like a seed planted by God, developed firm and deep roots in the Lord Jesus Christ.
There have been additions and other changes to the church building though the years. These include The Parish House, the Baptisery, a sixty seat addition to the sanctuary, eight Sunday school rooms, and a pastor’s study.
While the building itself may have changed, the dedication and total commitment to Jesus Christ remains steadfast.
The purpose of this church is to teach the whole Word of God (The Holy Bible) and to impact its saving truth to the lost. It will provide a community for the saved n which to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Our church has been known for its love. It is a caring church that has always ministered to the poor and needy in our vicinity. We are also a mission minded people giving support to both home and foreign missions.
There has been an emphasis in preaching that Jesus is coming again and we as Christians must be an example to the community in Christian living as we await His return.
…that foundation is Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 3:12